In order to meet long term demand, we believe the metals and mining sector requires focused investment capital from knowledgeable investors that understand the volatility of commodity cycles.
Proterra’s Metals & Mining investment strategy seeks to invest in sustainable development projects and operations with growth potential, low cash costs of production, or the operating flexibility to insulate against volatility of the commodity markets. We target investment opportunities that provide exposure to select commodities which, due to structural or regional factors, have attractive fundamentals and barriers to entry.
- Commodity – select bulk minerals, base metals and precious metals.
- Stage of development – development and production with growth potential.
- Asset exposure – mining and on-site beneficiation.
- Geography – established mining jurisdictions.
- Process – disciplined investment process that includes extensive strategic, financial, technical and environmental, social and governance due diligence.
- Origination – proprietary transactions sourced from a network of strong relationships with a select group of institutions.
- Management – high quality management teams that are experienced and aligned with Proterra.
- Geography – select developed markets and select emerging markets.
- Structure – equity and equity linked structured investments with investment enhancement and protection mechanisms.