Proterra believes thoughtful environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards are essential to identifying compelling investment opportunities. Proterra has established processes for reviewing ESG practices at target companies prior to making an investment, as well as for monitoring existing and newly established practices post-investment.
- Minimize the potential impact of pollution on the environment.
- Promote biodiversity, conservation and sustainable natural resource management.
- Seek to limit emissions that contribute to climate change.
- Treat all employees fairly.
- Comply with applicable labor laws.
- Minimize negative social and economic impacts of land acquisitions and agribusiness operations.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Promote community health, safety and security and adequate workforce housing.
- Promote higher standards of living and workforce advancement.
- Establish solid foundations for management and oversight.
- Structure the board to add value and oversight.
- Promote high standards of business integrity with ethical and responsible decision-making.
- Safeguard integrity in financial reporting and controls.
- Comply with applicable laws and make timely and balanced disclosures.
- Respect the rights of shareholders.
- Recognize and manage risk.